Using the Advanced Editor you can add information to your website, such as text, images, links, as well as upload files, insert tables, and more. The Advanced Editor is available on pages such as the Features and Services Pages, as well as others. It is also available on the "Long Description" pages that have items, such as E-commerce in the products area
Update: if you are using the Content, Articles, and Blog pages, scroll down to read about the updated editor!
Hover your mouse over the different icons in the toolbar to see the purpose of each icon.
Here are some of the available popular tools:
- Upload File - upload different files, such as .pdf, .doc, etc.
- Insert Video - add a video using a URL link, have it Embedded, or upload it from your device.
- Insert Image - add an image by uploading it from your device or using a URL link.
- Library - choose and add an image from our Image Library. Click on the star icon to easily access your images marked as favorite.
After adding an image, click on it to see the following options (top row, left to right):
- Replace - replace the image with another one.
- Align - align your image to the right, left, or center.
- Image Caption - add a caption at the bottom of the image.
- Remove - remove the image.
- Insert Link - insert a link that will open when clicking on the image.
- Display - display the image inline or break the text.
- Style - round the image corners, add a border and a shadow.
- Alternative Text - alt text is used within an HTML code to describe the appearance and function of an image on a page. This text will be used to describe the image when using accessibility plugins, as well as help search engines index the image properly.
- Change Size - change the width and height of the image.
- Insert Link - you can insert a link by pasting the URL, or insert a link to a page from your site by clicking on the magnifying glass icon and selecting the page you wish to link to. You can add text to make it clickable as the link, and set the link to open in a new tab. Click on Insert when done.
- Insert Table - insert a table, up to the size 10x10.
- Align - align your text to the right, left, or center.
- Ordered List - make a list using numbers, Lower Alpha, Lower Greek, Lower Roman, Upper Alpha, and Upper Roman numerals.
- Unordered List - make a list using dots, circles, discs, or squares.
- Bold, Italic, Underline and Strikethrough - stylize your text using these options.
- Colors - set colors to your text and text background (highlight).
- Paragraph Format - organize your texts and paragraphs by adding Headings. These create H1, H2, etc in the website's code and affect how search engines are indexing and prioritizing those titles, so make sure to use them wisely.
- Decrease/Increase Indent - increase or decrease the distance between the current paragraph and the page margin.
- Quote - set a text to be a quote and increase the size of the text.
- Insert Horizontal Line - add a horizontal line to help separate sections.
- Clear HTML - will remove all the text in the window.
- Subscript - set a character slightly below the normal line.
- Superscript - set a character slightly above the normal line.
- Undo/Redo - undo/redo your last action.
- Select All - select all the elements in the text field.
- Clear Formatting - select the text that you want to return to its default formatting.
- Full Screen - enlarge the editor to your screen's full size.
The updated New Editor Tool allows better editing of text, embedding images and videos, etc. The editing is done by adding sections instead of free text. The different elements that can be added:
- Image - add an image, click on Size to resize it, click on Change to add a filter and crop the image, add a link and Alternative text.
- Text - add your text and select (highlight) the text to see more editing options.
- Ordered list
- Custom Code
- Horizontal Rule
- Attach File - upload files that your visitors to download, such as .pdf, .doc., .mp3, and so on. The size limit ifor the file is 100MB.
- Insert Table
- Move sections up or down by clicking on the arrow pointing up/down.
- Delete a section by clicking on the trashcan icon.
- You can switch between Mobile and Desktop view and check what your page will look like.